In the Centre for Ophthalmology of the St. Catherine Specialty Hospital it is possible to do comprehensive eye examinations, as well as preventive examinations for which the main possible reasons that could endanger vision are taken into account. In our Center, we treat adults and children aged 4 and over and at your disposal is Tamara Knežević, M.D., Ph.D., ophthalmology specialist.
Ophthalmological examinations are completely painless and they test vision, the ability to focus on objects and other eye functions. Visual impairments and eye diseases can be successfully treated, so patients in St. Catherine we provide with a professional and individual approach and enable timely diagnosis and application of appropriate therapy. We take care of the health and protection of your eyes with the help of the most modern ophthalmological equipment and the best diagnostic and treatment methods.
As part of the ophthalmological activity of St. Catherine is able to provide diagnostics and complete treatment related to ophthalmological pathology which includes:
- simple and complex ophthalmological examinations
- ophthalmological examinations of children of preschool and school age (4+ years)
- examinations for wearing contact lenses with a referral for wearing contact lenses
- biomicroscopic examinations of the anterior segment of the eye (eyelids, conjunctiva, cornea, lens)
- examinations of the background of the eye using an ophthalmoscope or an indirect magnifying glass (diseases of the optic nerve, macula and blood vessels, changes in diabetes)
- visual acuity test with correction and refractometer
- bulbomotor examination
- measurement of eye pressure
- dry eye diagnosis - TBUT and Schirmer test
- detection of color perception disorders; Ishihara color test
- treatment of inflammatory eye diseases
- diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma
- probing and irrigation the tear ducts
- red-green test (when processing refractive errors)
- Cover test
- fluorescein corneal staining test
- removal of a foreign body from the cornea and conjunctiva
- epilation of eye lashes
- optical coherence tomography
- small ambulatory operations
You can read more about ophthalmology and the importance of eye examinations at the LINK.