Centre for Gastroenterology
Gastroenterology is a branch of internal medicine that focuses on diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which includes conditions of organs such as esophagus, stomach, duodenum, small and intestine, liver, gall bladder and pancreas.
Gastroenterological examination consists of taking medical history of the patient and detailed clinical examination, usually combined with ultrasound of the abdomen. Afterwards, according to the agreement between the doctor and the patient, additional examinations such as colonoscopy, gastroscopy or laboratory analyses can be performed. If required, radiological diagnostics will also be performed upon agreement. Therefore, a complete diagnostic and treatment process of gastroenterological problems and conditions can be conducted in Specialty hospital Saint Catherine.
In our gastroenterologist's office you can have the following procedures:
• Gastroscopy with or without anesthesia
• Colonoscopy with or without anesthesia
• Ultrasound of the abdoment
• Specialist examinations
• Color Doppler of the abdomen
• Color Doppler of the abdominal blood vessels
• Contrast ultrasound of the liver
• Liver elastography (non-invasive estimate of the severity of liver damage)
• Rapid test on Helicobacter pylori (during gastroscopy)
All the tests are done quickly, expertly and painlessly with the latest diagnostic and anesthetic equipment. We are extremely proud that we own the most modern equipment in Croatia for sterilization of instruments, thus meeting the highest standards specified by the European Endoscopic Society (ESGE and ESGENA).