About Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is used increasingly around the world. Unique features of this powerful technology make this diagnostic tool very useful. The quality of MR equipment is essential.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a non-invasive radiological diagnostic examination that provides a layered view of the body.
To create an image, a strong magnetic field in which the patient is placed, radiofrequency waves that provide energy, and computers that provide a clear image of organs, soft tissue, bones and joints, and all structures inside the body are used.
Ionizing radiation (such as X-rays) is not used in magnetic resonance imaging.
MR imaging provides better insight into individual parts of the body and changes caused by various diseases than that obtained by other radiological examinations such as X-rays, computed tomography, or ultrasound diagnostics.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE 1.5 T:
Siemens machine - MAGNETOM Avanto, A Tim System provides a whole new world in high image quality display with the ability to image at high speed. The magnetic resonance imaging device in St. Catherine Specialty Hospital is characterized by a unique combination of the main magnet and the leading gradient technology, making it the first and only MR device of its kind in Croatia, which together with the revolutionary image collection technique brings invaluable benefits in diagnostics. The 1.5T MR device is the only one in the region with the possibility of specific early cartilage damage diagnostics using dGEMRIC and T2 mapping.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE 3 T:
MR imaging with Siemens - MAGNETOM Lumina with 3T BioMatrix is the fastest diagnostic MR imaging. MR device of magnetic field strength 3T has twice the magnetic field strength compared to 1.5T MR device and has the following advantages:
• Reduced noise when imaging
• More comfortable space and environment for the patient
• Shorter exam time (shorter stay in the device)
• More precise anatomical representation of organs and tissues
• Reduced need to use contrast media
• Greater possibilities of biochemical cartilage imaging
For a more pleasant patient experience during imaging:
• Large and comfortably designed room with MR device
• Soft pad for the patient to lie down during the imaging
• Less noise in the device when imaging
• Audio instructions for the patient when imaging
• Magnetic field strength - 3 Tesla
• Tunnel diameter – 70 cm
• Length of the device tunnel - 1.86 m