St. Catherine Specialty Hospital launches Center for Ophthalmology
The fact that only 20% of people visit an ophthalmologist within 5 years is worrying.
According to estimates by the World Health Organization, approximately 285 million people are blind or visually impaired and 17,222 people live with visual impairment in Croatia (Croatian Institute of Public Health, 2010). Vision problems can appear at any stage of life, although they most often appear after the age of 60 and 80% of all vision impairments can be prevented or cured.
Given that the eyes are one of the most important organs of the human body that we rely on the most in our daily activities, the Special Hospital of St. Katarina launched a new center of excellence at the well-known location Branimirova 71E in Zagreb - the Centre for Ophthalmology, where it is possible to perform preventive and comprehensive eye examinations, as well as a number of other ophthalmological services with a professional and individual approach and timely diagnostics and the application of appropriate therapy:
- simple and complex ophthalmological examinations
- ophthalmological examinations of children of preschool and school age (4+ years)
- examinations for wearing contact lenses with a referral for wearing contact lenses
- biomicroscopic examinations of the anterior segment of the eye (eyelids, conjunctiva, cornea, lens)
- examinations of the background of the eye using an ophthalmoscope or an indirect magnifying glass (diseases of the optic nerve, macula and blood vessels, changes in diabetes)
- visual acuity test with correction and refractometer
- bulbomotor examination
- measurement of eye pressure
- dry eye diagnosis - TBUT and Schirmer test
- detection of color perception disorders; Ishihara color test
- treatment of inflammatory eye diseases
- diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma
- probing and irrigation the tear ducts
- red-green test (when processing refractive errors)
- Cover test
- fluorescein corneal staining test
- removal of a foreign body from the cornea and conjunctiva
- epilation of eye lashes
- optical coherence tomography
- small ambulatory operations
The health and protection of your eyes is taken care of by Tamara Knežević, M.D., Ph.D., ophthalmology specialist with the help of the most modern ophthalmological equipment and the best diagnostic and treatment methods and we treat adults and children aged 4 and older.
Eye examinations aren't just for people who need glasses or contact lenses. While it is important to have adequate correction of your refractive anomaly in the form of glasses, contact lenses, or surgical treatment, there are many other reasons to schedule your next comprehensive eye examination.
If there are symptoms such as frequent headaches, tired or sore eyes, holding the phone or book close to the face or at arm's length, blurred vision at a distance, reduced night vision, you should immediately make an appointment to see an ophthalmologist.
Read more about the Centre for Ophthalmology here and if you are concerned about your vision and eye health or have noticed any problems, contact us with confidence and book an appointment for an ophthalmologist examination by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number + 385 1 2867 400.